To qualify for an NHT Loan you must:
- Be currently contributing to the Trust and have made at least 52 weekly contributions:
- PAYE contributors: 13 weekly contributions must have been made in the last 26 weeks as at the date of your application.
- Self-employed contributors: you must have paid your last two quarterly contribution payments as at the date of your application.
- Overseas voluntary contributors: you must have paid 104 weeks of contributions, of which 52 weeks must be paid in the period leading up to the date of application.
- Have paid up, with interest, any outstanding contributions due (Self-employed contributors)
- Be between the ages 18 and 70.
- Be earning an income which allows you to repay the loan.
Each loan type has a different maximum amount or loan limit that can be accessed by a contributor. For more information on the different loan limits, click here.
If you would like to confirm how much you qualify to borrow, , click here to generate an eligibility letter.