The National Housing Trust is an organisation set up by the Government of Jamaica to lend money at low interest rates to Contributors who wish to build, buy or improve their houses or who wish to buy or build on lots. The NHT also develops housing schemes for sale to Contributors and provides low cost financing to private developers.
The NHT will be ranked among the leading housing finance institutions in the world, renowned for customer service and contribution to national development.
Improving the quality of life of Jamaicans by facilitating homeownership and community development, particularly among low-income persons.
We have set for ourselves some strategic priorities, that are specifically –
- Increase Housing Completions
- Increase Mortgage Creation
- Improve Contribution Collection and Management
- Increase Mortgage Collection
- Improve Customer Service
- Improve Budget Management & Organization Efficiency
- Compliance with statutory reporting requirements
We pride ourselves in operating on a certain set of core values, these are: