Migrating Expatriates - Special Contribution Refunds

Foreign Nationals who have made contributions to the NHT and are leaving Jamaica permanently are due Special Contributions Refund.

If you are a Foreign National, applying for “Special” Contributions Refund, you need to have:

  • Your TRN
  • Your NIS Number
    Occasionally, there are instances where multiple persons may have been assigned the same NIS Number, or where one person may have multiple NIS Numbers. We advise you to ask the NIS office for a verification letter, which will indicate the correct number to be used.
  • Your personal contact information
  • Please ensure to provide as much reliable contact information (including your e-mail address) as possible so that we can get in touch with you if we have any queries regarding your application.
  • A valid (non-expired) Photo ID such as a Driver’s License, Passport or Voter’s ID.
  • The registered names of the company/companies with which you worked during the year/years for which you are applying for a refund.  You will also need to know the year(s) that you worked at each company and each company’s reference number.
  • This means that if you are applying for a Refund for your contributions paid to the NHT in the year 2000, you will need to know the registered name of the company or companies with which you worked in the year 2000. One of the best ways to confirm the registered name of the company is to refer to your pay slip.
  • A one-way airline ticket out of Jamaica OR a letter from your company or an embassy indicating that your are leaving the country permanently.

Please note that only original identification documents should be submitted to the NHT, these would be copied by us and returned immediately.