Voluntary Contributor

To become an Overseas Voluntary Contributor (you must be a permanent resident or a citizen of that country), you must first register with the NHT.  To register, you must complete the “Voluntary Contributor’s Application Form” (correction fluid should NOT be used on the Form). Please note that, holders of work permit are not considered overseas voluntary contributors and should file their returns (SO4 & SO4A) at Tax Administration Jamaica (TAJ) as their domicile address is in Jamaica. Pensioners who desire to contribute to the NHT are allowed to register as Voluntary contributors.

To qualify for loans, Voluntary Contributors must have paid 104 weeks (2 years) of contributions, of which 52 weeks (1 year) must be paid in the period leading up to the date of application.  Click here for more information on making contribution payments.

Voluntary Contributors may apply for contributions refunds, which will be paid directly to the Contributor in Jamaican Dollars.  If the Contributor is a NHT Mortgagor, then the refund will be applied to the principal of his/her loan account. Click here for more information on applying for a Contributions Refund.


Click here to download the Voluntary Contributor Application Form