An important milestone of your loan application process is a loan interview, however, a loan interview will not be conducted unless all the required documents are presented. The following documents are required for all loan interviews:
- NIS card of the person(s) applying for the loan.
- TRN card of the person(s) applying for the loan as well as for the person(s) whose name(s) is/are on the title.
- Employed persons should request a letter of verification of gross income and contributions valid for up to 3 months.
- Pay slips for the most recent 2 months from your present employer.
- Self-employed persons should visit or contact the Compliance Department prior to the interview and request that a Certificate of Contributions memo be placed on his/her account.
- Proof of age (the new format birth certificate).
- Acceptable means of identification such as a valid driver’s license, passport or National Voter’s Registration Card, bearing a photograph and an identification number with a future expiry date.
- 1 current passport-sized photograph.
- Certified marriage certificate (where applicable). Submit relevant documents in the case of divorce.
- Copy of title of property being purchased.
- Certificate of payment of taxes for property.
- Surveyor’s ID Report (this should not be more than 1 year old and must be prepared by a Commissioned Land Surveyor and obtained by the purchaser/applicant).
Depending on the applicant and the loan being applied for other documents may be required. Once all the documents have been acquired, the applicant should contact the NHT and schedule an appointment for a pre-qualification check to be done.